We received baby Angelica [not real names] at our Jivadhara center in India when she was 2 and a half months shortly after being diagnosed with severe/spastic cerebral palsy.
Spastic cerebral palsy is a developmental disorder caused by damage to the brain before birth, during delivery, or within the first few years of life.
By the time we received her, she couldn’t make a sound, turn her head or even feed.
Our Doctors started her on treatment and the results…well, read on.
- Birth weight – 3.5 kg
- H.C- 35.8cm
- Baby cried immediately after birth
- APGAR score – 8/9
- Antenatal USG: Dilatation of the left lateral ventricle with compression of the brain parenchyma.
- Baby had Hyperbilirubinemia which is a condition in which there is too much bilirubin in the blood. When red blood cells break down, a substance called bilirubin is formed. Babies are not easily able to get rid of the bilirubin and it can build up in the blood and other tissues and fluids of the baby’s body.
- Phototherapy done for 2 days
- Maternal history: No PIH/GDM/other medical illness
Results from MRI Report
- Left hemimegalencephaly (a rare neurological condition in which one-half of the brain, or one side of the brain, is abnormally larger than the other.)
- Cortex with thickened cortex.
- Left cerebral hemisphere appeared enlarged and dysplastic with Dilatation of ipsilateral lateral ventricle.
Condition Before Treatment for Cerebral Palsy
- The baby couldn’t hold the neck.
- Less muscle tone on the body
- Less feeding
- Weak crying without any sound
- Severe Continuous Vomiting and Seizures
- Up rolling of both eyes
Related: CEREBRAL PALSY: BABY NISSY’S STORY
At 5 Months Old (During Treatment)
- She started holding the neck
- Started to turn on both sides
- Muscle tone became better
- Started to make sounds
- Social interaction improved started to identify parents and other people
- Feeding capacity improved
- Weight increased to 4.1 kg
- C – 37.5 cm
At 7 months Old (During Treatment)
- HC – 40 cm
- Weight – 7.6 kg
- Got complete neck holding
- Started sitting with support
- Understanding capacity increased
- Uprolling of eyes decreased
- Seizures decreased
- Looked both sides with ease
- Spoke monosyllable words like Maa
At 1 year Old
- She could understand her body parts like eyes, head etc
- Speech : She started speaking Bi-syllable words
- Social interaction almost normal
- Started having normal food
At 20 Months Old
- She could sit without support
- Stand with support for a long time
- Speech improved
By the Time of this report, she was still undergoing treatment.
- Plant oriented medicine for cell growth and division.
- Acupuncture to stimulate nerves and serve energy to the cells for proper division
- Physiotheraphy for her physical development
- Psychology for her mental and brain development
- Speech therapy for speech development.
In case you need treatment for cerebral Palsy or any other genetic or neuroloical disorder, feel free to reserve an appointment with us for assessment.
Book an appointment using the form below